Ghostly Heron?

For my 1st post during our spookiest month (peaking at the end of the month with Halloween), here's a picture of what has to be the spirit of a dead heron haunting this wetland. It was slowly, silently gliding along the shoreline, intent on wreaking vengeance upon the fish it failed to catch while alive. Unlike human ghosts, heron ghosts can be found in broad daylight, at least during the warmer months.

Okay, just kidding, this of course is a picturesque but very much alive Great Egret. They do quietly and slowly walk along shorelines in a slightly ghost-like way though, so if I did see a heron apparition I would likely mistake it for a Great Egret. I hope my macabre post of horror didn't frighten you too much.

May 4, 2023 at Duke Farms
Photo 278563357, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Watersnake

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures