Just a Couple Birds

On the same day I met those Eastern Boxelder Bugs, I got a couple decent pictures of a couple of our common, year-round birds. These are 2 of the more dominant birds around bird feeders (though they have lots of rivals). Both are handsome little guys, though their abundance might cause them to be a little under-appreciated. Since they showed up on my visit, I wanted to share their pictures.

First I got this picture of a Red-bellied Woodpecker, 1 of our most commonly seen woodpeckers.

April 24, 2023 at the Raritan River Greenway
Photo 272681068, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)

Later on I got this picture of a Blue Jay, 1 of our most common corvids.

April 24, 2023 at the Raritan River Greenway
Photo 272683068, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Watersnake

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures