Barred Owls

Here was a funny story I read on the Facebook Bird Misidentification Page, followed by a Barred Owl picture from The Raptor Trust

Just before COVID shut things down, I was having late lunch at a local joint. The place was empty so I sat at the bar where the owner and a new employee were cleaning up. I had never talked to the owner before but their conversation caught my ear. The new guy asked the owner something and I thought, “dang, they share my big passion in life!”

I decided to join in. I stood up and gave my best (and loud) rendition of “who-cooks-for-you”. Humbly, I’m pretty good at this and have called in more than one of them. The two guys stop cold and look at me like I’m nuts. Really nuts. I say to the new guy, “wait, aren’t you birders? What did you just ask him?” The new guy says quietly, “I asked him where I could find a bar towel."

Vilma from The Raptor Trust

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Watersnake

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures