Red-eared Slider Goes for a Swim

We all know most of our turtles swim better/faster than they walk (except maybe you, Eastern Box Turtle), but most of my pictures show them basking on a rock or a log. And if I'm lucky enough to meet 1 on land, I can almost always get a reasonable picture of them. Sometimes though if the turtle's swimming at the surface and isn't vacating the area quickly, I can get a picture like this Red-eared Slider below (or this older 1 of an Eastern Painted Turtle).

Although a lot of times the turtles consider me to be too scary (or ugly?) to be around, and dive into deeper waters, this 1 stayed near the surface a bit longer.

This is the 9th and final blog post for my April trip to the Sourland Mountain Preserve. Although I sometimes go someplace that turns out to be disappointing, this particular trip was pretty productive. 

April 14, 2023 at Sourland Mountain Preserve
Photo 272126752, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Watersnake

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures