Northern Watersnake

This April I went to Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge with the hope (among other hopes) of seeing the Northern Watersnakes during mating season. There were 2 problems with this:

  1. I think it was slightly late in the season for this.
  2. The boardwalk trail where I had seen them in the past was partially closed due to repairs.

So although I didn't see any of the 2+ intertwined snakes that I'd seen in the past, but there were still Northern Watersnakes warming themselves in the sun:

April 13, 2023 at Great Swamp
Photo 272117862, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)

And here's another one coming out of the water.

April 13, 2023 at Great Swamp
Photo 272119139, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures