Six-spotted Fishing Spider

Though I hadn't photographed one before, this summer I got 2 pictures of a Six-spotted Fishing Spider. This is the 2nd one; the 1st one is here. This time the spider was closer but was partially hiding under a lily pad. (As I recall, this was one of those heat wave days; it's possible that finding shade was more of a motivator than hiding.)

I guess the takeaway of this picture is that I should probably pay more attention to lily pads to see if these guys are more common than I realized. A secondary benefit is that some dragonflies and damselflies also tend to land on them.

August 3, 2022 at Lord Stirling Park
Photo 222581089, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Watersnake

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures