Stern Bluebird

Here's an Eastern Bluebird who didn't know if I was going to be trouble, but he was certainly going to keep his eyes on me. This fella was at Duke Farms, where I'm told there is a thriving community of bluebirds raising families; it wouldn't surprise me if this was a dad scoping out the neighborhood for threats to his nestlings. One false move on my part and I'd be subjected to 1.1 ounces of unrelenting feathery fury. (In actuality Eastern Bluebirds are less aggressive nest protectors than Tree Swallows or Red-winged Blackbirds, both of which have "attacked" me.)

Previous bluebird posts are here and here.

June 8, 2022 at Duke Farms
Photo 209834311, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Watersnake

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures