Canada Geese

Probably because I was nearby, these 2 Canada Geese splashed their way into the water. This is one of the few native species that we have an overabundance of here in New Jersey, so seeing them isn't much of an event. Even though they're cool-looking in their own way, they're just too common to get very excited about.

I did kind of like the action scene of them doing a sort of gentle bellyflop into the water in these pictures. Once in the water, they presumably felt less threatened by me and my camera.

When this was taken breeding season must have been on geese's minds, though I don't know if these 2 were a couple.

March 11, 2022 at Duke Farms
Photo 186585535, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)

March 11, 2022 at Duke Farms
Photo 186585553, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Watersnake

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures