Red-tailed Hawk Spots Something

Last autumn I saw this Red-tailed Hawk up in a tree near my apartment. (I don't recall if the local Blue Jays or crows alerted me to the hawk, though many times when I hear them making a commotion there is a hawk in the area.)

What I found cool about these pictures is that you see the difference between when I hawk is scanning the vicinity for a meal and when the hawk actually sees something it's interested in. If I were a squirrel foraging in the direction of that 2nd gaze, I'd be pretty nervous about now.

FWIW I didn't actually see the hawk attack anything that day.

November 12, 2021 in Bridgewater
Photo 169044287, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)

November 12, 2021 in Bridgewater
Photo 169044304, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Watersnake

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures