Find the Goose

I'm doing a Throwback Thursday picture today from autumn of 2011; see if you can find the goose in this picture. 😃 At the time, this was probably the most Canada Geese I had seen in a single place. (Since then, I think a meadow at the Plainsboro Preserve had the biggest Canada Goose population I've seen.)

I tried to identify a non-Canada Goose in the picture and try a where's Waldo ("where's Robby the Robin?", "where's Donald Duck?") sort of contest, but wasn't able to find any. The geese really were dominating this pond.

Though these geese are too populous to be good for animal diversity here in NJ, they are kind of handsome looking birds. If they were rare, I could imagine people ooo-ing and ahh-ing over them.

November 19, 20211 at Sourland Mountain Preserve
Photo 11329538, (c) jpviolette, some rights reserved (CC BY-NC)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Watersnake

Female Brown-headed Cowbird

Rooftop Turkey Vultures